Finished with setting up Octave and other things required on the PSU Virtual Machine. Also setup postGIS, which is a geographical extension of PostGreSQL. On the android client side, now the app is posting all the sensors' data to the apache server running on the VM. Now, I'm ready to run the octave scripts on the data and store the landmarks in a geo-database. [Schema is not yet decided]. Also, started working on the UI of the android app to take comments and reviews from the user.
Friday, 21 June 2013
Matlab code has been ported to Octave. Initial results are coming up, but extensive testing on large data sets have to be done. Existing server and android code have also uploaded. I also changed the github repository to https://github.com/ananthbalashankar/landmarkerGSoC which has all the 3 code modules. I decided to run adhoc octave [like a process] on the PHP server. This will be done once the VM is setup for the server. (Octave is currently running slowly on my system.)
Tuesday, 18 June 2013
Started porting the Landmark detection code from Matlab to Octave! Getting to know the support that community driven development can give. This week's aim would be to get the PHP server running and validating the results got so far with some basic experiments on the phone.
Monday, 17 June 2013
The official coding phase of GSoC has begun! I am excited to start the first phase of work. This blog will contain daily updates of the work done on that day, along with some observations and results got so far. I will be developing an application which helps in building the database for real-time Mall analytics for the large number of mall-goers with smartphones. This in-turn will help to get real-time updates and reviews about the activities of the mall. You can see the code developed so far at this git repository.